January 22, 2015 at 1pm EST
When I decided to get really serious about my business and launch Smudged Textiles Studio, it was one of the scariest, most exciting, anxiety inducing, thrilling experiences of my life. And I’ll tell ya, those feelings never really go away. It’s part of the charm of the whole thing.
Figuring out the details was the least fun part. Lots of trial and error and reading books that were either super dull or oddly condescending. I’m asked all the time about how to do this or that. I learned during Fall Quilt Market that Cheryl Sleboda is often approached with the same questions. So we are teaming up and offering a webinar on how to get your art business up and running.
What will we cover? Here’s the rundown:
- From Hobby to Business – How to decide when it’s time to turn your art into a business and choosing which format is right for you (sole owner, LLC, Corporation).
- Selling Online vs. In Person – How to decide which suits you best and the pros and cons of each.
- Branding + Marketing – Why you need a brand, what it is and easy ways to market your business without breaking the bank.
- Choosing the Revenue Stream that is Right for You – How working on multiple projects keeps your balance sheet happy.
- Customer Experience – People will always remember how you make them feel before anything else. Learn how to keep your customers coming back time and time again!
Can’t make the live event? No worries. You can still sign up and you’ll receive a recorded copy after the webinar is done. (That way you can make us repeat ourselves as many times as you want.)
The nifty thing is that while Cheryl and I have a lot in common with how we approach our businesses, we also differ enough that we can offer a rounded point of view. We’re super stoked to get the chance to share with you!!